The Great Glen Walking Club is run by a voluntary committee of members elected annually. The committee are responsible for every aspect of the running of the group and it's policies.
The club produces two programmes of walks per year, to cover the 'Summer' and 'Winter' seasons. The programmes are packed with a variety of walks, ranging from easy-paced riverside rambles to big days out in the mountains Munro-bagging. The weekly walks cover the length and breadth of the Scottish Highlands.
In addition to the weekly walks, there are two weekends away each year. On these dates the club heads away for a couple of days enjoyable walking - with equally enjoyable socialising in the evening back at the hotel! Destinations in recent times have included Ullapool, Pitlochry and Aberfeldy.
There is something for everyone who loves walking or would like to get into it.
- How can I contact you?
- If you have any queries about the club please contact the secretary by using the form on our Contact Us page.
- What if I'm not a member?
- Non-members are welcome to join us on up to two walks to get a feel for the club. If you wish to continue walking with the club after this, you must become a member and pay your first years subscription.
- How can I join?
- Please contact the secretary (Contact Us) who will be delighted to provide you with a membership form.
- Where do you meet?
- The meeting place for all walks is the car park at University of Highlands & Islands, 12b Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5SQ, unless otherwise stated in the programme.
- I don't have any transport.
- Having a car is not a requirement of joining the club. We encourage car-sharing and while no guarantees can be given, every effort is made to accommodate all walkers who turn up at the meeting point.
- What is a 'bus walk'?
- This is a walk where the club hires a bus to take us to the walk starting point. It will then wait for our return, or in the case of a linear walk, will go to the finish location and collect us there.
- I won't know anyone - will I be welcome?
- Absolutely! The club prides itself in being a friendly group and hope that you will find us so.